Assessment Only QTS
The ideal route into teaching for experienced unqualified teachers
The assessment only route (AO) is designed for experienced unqualified teachers who wish to gain QTS. The AO route is not a training route and you must be teaching a full timetable in school and meeting the Teachers' Standards already. The assessment programme takes up to 12 weeks.
BCTSA SCITT offers the AO route in the ages ranges of 5-11, 11-16 (most secondary subjects) and 14-19 (Business Studies, Health & Social Care, Psychology)
Fees can be paid by you or your school. The initial fee of £750 is payable following the initial interview and assessment of suitability. Following this, a decision will be made as to whether a candidate may proceed to the next stage in the process and the final assessment. A fee of £1,750 is payable following the completion of the final assessment.
In order to qualify for the AO route you must have:
- At least two years teaching experience including planning, teaching and assessment in two or more education settings
- UK Honours degree or equivalent
- GCSE Maths, English at grade 4, C or equivalent
- Also GCSE Science at grade 4, C or equivalent for the primary AO route
- Support from your current employing school
If you would like to find out more please contact:
If you are a non-UK citizen you should contact https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/train-to-be-a-teacher/assessment-only-route-to-qts#group--non-uk