What it means to be a Leader in a Catholic School
Suitable for Teachers and Leaders from Primary and Secondary schools, this programme has been designed to explore the link between leadership behaviours and the Seven Virtues.
Programme leader Brendan McGurran looks at how school leadership values can be drawn from the Gospels and Catholic theology. The focus of the programme is for delegates to explore and reflect on developing their leadership skills whilst retaining strong religious values within their leadership roles.
Delivered across 6 twilight sessions, each module comes with a detailed workbook and a self-audit toolkit.
Brendan has delivered on the NPQSL, ITP and OTP programmes, in addition to his current role of Senior Vice Principal at Bishop Challoner Catholic School and Dean of Teaching School.
A previous delegate of the programme said:
“I left each session renewed both spiritually and mentally. I would recommend this course to anyone who is in leadership whether you are at the beginning of your career or several years into headship. This time to learn, reflect and renew will affect the way you approach a range of situations.”
To register your interest in the course please email:
Outstanding Teaching and Beyond (Secondary)
- Themed around six key claims about outstanding pedagogy
- Based on most up-to-date educational research
- Watch real practitioners in the classroom
- Embed new strategies into your everyday teaching practice
- Network with colleagues from other schools
What you will gain:
- Enriched knowledge of current research about what makes outstanding teaching
- The opportunity to rigorously analyse what the classrooms of outstanding practitioners look like through a structured peer-observation programme
- Certification which will enrich your CV, especially if you are hoping to develop your career through classroom-based routes like Lead Practitioner or mentoring based routes
Venue: Bishop Challoner Catholic College
Times: 4 pm - 5.30 pm
Cost: Only £99 per participant (includes pedagogical resources on memory stick)
|Session 1||Wednesday 10th June 2020||Using feedback to improve pupil progress|
|Session 2||Wednesday 17th June 2020||Effective questioning|
|Session 3||Wednesday 24th June 2020||Behaviour for Learning|
|Session 4||Wednesday 1st July 2020||Stretch and challenge for the most able|
|Session 5||Wednesday 8th July 2020||Engaging the most able
Embedding effective literacy in lessons
Register your interest for the programme at: