We are providing FREE TSST (Teacher Subject Specialism Training) in French, German and Spanish, through an online programme with a mix of pre-recorded and 'live' sessions.
The online pedagogy sessions are carried out in English and as part of the programme, you will also have a one year online learning package with Rosetta Stone.
STOP PRESS: Online programme for the current cohort has now reached capacity. We are now operating a WAITING LIST, so please still apply if you wish you join a future cohort.
Any secondary teacher who holds a UK Teacher Reference Number (TRN) or an unqualified teacher in an Academy, and is either:
- a teacher of MFL needing to refresh a second or third language, or learn an additional one
- a teacher of MFL returning after a career break who wants to refresh subject knowledge and MFL pedagogy
- a teacher of any other subject who is a native speaker of French, Spanish or German and wishes to move into language teaching
- a primary teacher thinking of moving to teach French or Spanish in a secondary school
Additional eligibility criteria:
- Non-specialist newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are eligible
- Primary teachers are only eligible if they will be teaching Y7/8 pupils as part of cross-school KS2/3 collaboration (eg in a multi-academy trust) or if they have firm plans to convert from primary to a secondary teaching post
- Participants who are members of and have been awarded Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status (eg in a multi-academy trust) if they have firm plans to teach MFL.
- Non-specialist supply teachers are eligible if they do not have a contract with a school and are committed to returning to a permanent post.
What else is included?
- Individual mentoring
- Coaching and observation by SLEs
- Opportunities to observe good practice in schools
- A certificate of completion
- A learning journal to track your progress through the course
To register interest contact: