At this present time, September 2021, there are no TSST courses available. Please check back in the future to see if funding is made available for these to run for further cohorts.
We are providing FREE TSST (Teacher Subject Specialism Training) in French, German and Spanish, through an online programme with a mix of pre-recorded and 'live' sessions.
The online pedagogy sessions are carried out in English and as part of the programme, you will also have a one year online learning package with Rosetta Stone.
STOP PRESS: Funding will end in early February 2021. We have our final few places available, so email us now to enquire!
Any secondary teacher who holds a UK Teacher Reference Number (TRN) or an unqualified teacher in an Academy, and is either:
- a teacher of MFL needing to refresh a second or third language, or learn an additional one
- a teacher of MFL returning after a career break who wants to refresh subject knowledge and MFL pedagogy
- a teacher of any other subject who is a native speaker of French, Spanish or German and wishes to move into language teaching
- a primary teacher thinking of moving to teach French or Spanish in a secondary school
Additional eligibility criteria:
- Non-specialist newly qualified teachers (NQTs) are eligible
- Primary teachers are only eligible if they will be teaching Y7/8 pupils as part of cross-school KS2/3 collaboration (eg in a multi-academy trust) or if they have firm plans to convert from primary to a secondary teaching post
- Participants who are members of and have been awarded Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status (eg in a multi-academy trust) if they have firm plans to teach MFL.
- Non-specialist supply teachers are eligible if they do not have a contract with a school and are committed to returning to a permanent post.
What else is included?
- Individual mentoring
- Coaching and observation by SLEs
- Opportunities to observe good practice in schools
- A certificate of completion
- A learning journal to track your progress through the course
To register interest contact: