We are located in Birmingham, West Midlands and offer a 1 year PGCE School Direct Teacher Training Programme with QTS in Primary and Secondary.
Our Bishop Challoner Training School Alliance (BCTSA) is a partnership of over 60 schools (all phases/types) and sixth form colleges. We also have many more partner schools who work with us and take part in our School Direct programme for initial teacher training (ITT). Our partner schools are located in all areas of the West Midlands.
Our vision is to:
- Play a key role in improving outcomes for children in schools across the Alliance and beyond
- Identify, develop and retain outstanding school leaders that are driven by a strong moral purpose
- Provide staff-wide professional development that has a transformational impact on children’s education
- Increase the number of outstanding trainees; ensure all schools can recruit and retain first class candidates
- Promote a culture of professional learning built around innovation, collaboration, coaching and research
- Build capacity for highly effective school-led school improvement
- Lead the development of work-life balance and emotional wellbeing strategies for school staff
- Be distinctive and focus on excellence
BCTSA is a learning community that routinely shares best practice, providing and delivering high quality integrated programmes for school-led improvement. We are committed to working together to focus on the following:
- Initial Teacher Training
- Continuous Professional and Leadership Development
- School Improvement
We are also the lead school for the Central Midlands Science Learning Partnership and the Central Maths Hub. We have also recently been awarded Computing Hub status covering Birmingham, Cannock Chase, Coventry, Dudley, Lichfield, North Warwickshire, Nuneaton and Bedworth, Rugby, Sandwell, Solihull, Stratford-on-Avon, Tamworth, Walsall, Warwick and Wolverhampton.
If you would like to find out more about joining our partnership of schools please register your interest:
|External Partnerships Privacy Notice||06th Dec 2019||Download|