Bishop Challoner Training School is located in South Birmingham, with partnership schools located across the West Midlands. Our Bishop Challoner Training School Alliance (BCTSA) is a partnership of over 100 schools (all phases/types) and sixth form colleges.
BCTSA SCITT offers primary and secondary initial teacher training programmes, full-time and part-time, as well as the Assessment Only route into teaching. BCTSA also provides CPD for teaching and support staff including the ECF Induction Programme and the full range of NPQs. We provide specialist courses and support for Computing, Maths and Science as Lead School for the Central Midlands Computing Hub, Maths Hub and Science Learning Partnership.
Our vision is to:
- Play a key role in improving outcomes for children in schools across the Alliance and beyond
- Identify, develop and retain outstanding school leaders that are driven by a strong moral purpose
- Provide staff-wide professional development that has a transformational impact on children’s education
- Increase the number of outstanding trainees; ensure all schools can recruit and retain first class candidates
- Promote a culture of professional learning built around innovation, collaboration, coaching and research
- Build capacity for highly effective school-led school improvement
- Lead the development of work-life balance and emotional wellbeing strategies for school staff
- Be distinctive and focus on excellence
BCTSA is a learning community that routinely shares best practice, providing and delivering high quality integrated programmes for school-led improvement. We are committed to working together to focus on the following:
- Initial Teacher Training
- Continuous Professional and Leadership Development
- School Improvement
If you would like to find out more about joining our partnership of schools please register your interest:email@example.com